For QUESTIONS ABOUT naturopathic medicine, or to schedule an initial visit, contact:
Dr. Sarah Gerencher by phone at (630) 549-6497 x 708, or by email at email@example.com.
ABOUT NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE
Naturopathic Medicine is established in principles and therapies supporting self-healing potential and addressing the root cause of dysfunction. The six principles of Naturopathic Medicine are as follows:
- First, Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): utilize the least invasive and least toxic therapies
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)-: cooperate with the self-healing systems of the body while removing theobstacles to heal
- Identify the Cause (Tolle Causem): address the underlying cause of ill health and do not suppress symptoms
- Heal the Whole Person (Tolle Totum): address mind, body and spirit
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): educate and promote self-responsibility for health
- Prevention (Previnare): emphasize the power of preventing illness
Common health conditions that can be improved with naturopathic services INCLUDE:
- Digestive disorders
- Hormonal issues
- Muscle pain
- Cardiovascular conditions
- And more
Every person is different and therefore the combination of therapies utilized will vary. Our naturopath doctors offer a variety of functional medicine testing to determine what therapies will be best suited for individuals. Examples of tests that can be ordered include adrenal and reproductive hormones, neurotransmitters, melatonin, and more.
Please visit the website of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians at www.naturopathic.org for more detailed information on Naturopathic Medicine
Currently, Illinois is not a licensed state for Naturopathic Medicine. If you would like to get more involved to push forward licensure please visit the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians at their website here.